Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Rescue Me

All Heart

Chalk up another point for having a typewriter around. When I was gathering up the Valentine's Day gifts for my wife yesterday, I came to the sudden realization that the card that I'd picked up weeks earlier was a birthday card, and not for this particular holiday (the curse of having the two dates fairly close together: I tend to handle all the cards and gifts in one trip.) Solution: pull out the Silent Super from the foot of the bed, raid my kids' rooms for scissors and a glue stick, and concoct a last-minute art card, complete with a jagged typewritten heart on the front. It took two tries, as attempt #1 looked more like an actual anatomical heart than the traditional Valentine shape. Add a couple of rubber stamps and a cheesy typewritten ditty, and now her box of candy has a seasonally-appropriate mash note to go with it.

Roses are red
This typewriter is green
This is the most last-minute Valentine
That you've ever seen!

OK, we're not talking poet laureate here, but it sure beats "Happy Birthday."

The day was saved by a Smith-Corona Silent-Super.
SC Silent-Super & Strawberries

1 comment:

notagain said...

nice work! I make greeting cards out of pictures from here:
http://www.ibiblio.org/wm/paint/
Today I used Tiepolo's "Rinaldo and Armida in the Garden"