Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Recharging

Rule of Thirds #blackandwhite #abstract #industrial #clickthing

Just got back from a week's "staycation" to celebrate my eldest child's graduation, mark a milestone wedding anniversary, and spend many days loafing, swimming, and not shaving. I highly recommend all of these activities whenever summer comes your way.

Aloha #outdoors #toys #aqua #colorful #hulahoop #sunshine #clickthing

Editing continues, with only a day or two off now and again to scribble in a notebook or blog post to keep up the wave of daily writings. Things are about to get bad -- and then better -- for my characters, and at the moment they're struggling their way across the plains of the U.S., a long flat land and a high mountain range between them and their goals.

Personal Space #blackandwhite #macro #abstract #lofi #walkabout #outdoors #weathered #clickthing

Last year at this time, I pledged I'd be rewriting, and I was. I took up AlphaSmart and pen and headphones and hid in the bedroom every evening and finally, finally typed the damnable thing in. I've been running through all that re-typing since February, even powering through in the evenings when I was too tired from celebrating or swimming, even when I should have been working instead of loafing (but loafing is key, too.)

What Once Was #walkabout #oak #outdoors #abstract #shadow #lasjuntas #clickthing

Now I'm free again, free to enjoy my early summer mornings with a brisk walk before the heat, and before I go to work and simply dream of swimming and loafing. The book is about to get into a whole, weird, not-real sort of place, and as I've been taking and posting photos taken during these walks, the tone is getting more abstract and askew and orthogonal to reality. It's the state of mind I'm in right now. Charged up and heading places, looking for the mountains and to get to the other side.

North Star #negative #blackandwhite #gazebo #pleasanthill #symmetry #clickthing


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great photos. happy loafing!